Equipment required for installing AggreBind Stabilizing Soil Roads
AggreBind soil stabilizing can be installed with standard, easily rentable and available, road construction equipment.
Meri crusher / Asphalt Zipper/ Ripper for crushing the road to the required depth.
Standard road tanker/bowser with a 3 mtr spray bar and spray heads that do not separate the AggreBind/water mixture.
Standard Road Grader
10 to 12 tonne smooth drum vibration road compactor.
Other recommended equipment:
Soil moisture testing kit.
Small 200 sieve and weighing scale to confirm the on- site fines content.
Redexim hydraulic compaction meter for testing compressive strength below the layer being stabilized and also as an indicator of compressive strength during the compaction of the AggreBind stabilized road layer.
A variety of standard hand tools. shovels/brushes etc
AggreBind is a water based styrene acrylic cross linking polymer and is harmless to plants and animals and is classified as environmentally friendly.
If possible AggreBind should be stored under cover/ sheltered area prior to use.
Photo gallery of equipment used for installing AggreBind Stabilized Roads.
Orapa Diamond Mine Botswana
TLB Backacter or Digger
Caterpillar – Caterpillar offers a full line road building equipment. The equipment mix can be configured to most of aspects of the job.
Bomag MPH 125 stabilizer/recycler
Caterpillar – RM300 Rotary Mixer
BOMAG offers a full line road building equipment.The equipment mix can be configured to most of aspects of the job.
- Soil Stabilizing a Road with AggreBind is environmentally friendly and is non-biodegradable.
- Soil Stabilizing a Road with AggreBind is also effective for surface sealing applications.
- Soil Stabilizing a Road with AggreBind is extremely cost effective.
Soil Stabilizing a Road with AggreBind
- Soil Stabilizing a Road with AggreBind is effective with all on-site soils/sands and crushed construction/mine waste materials
- Soil Stabilizing a Road with AggreBind improves the load bearing capabilities of all on-site sub-base materials.
- Soil Stabilizing a Road with AggreBind provides design options for reducing the depth of base and sub-base layers.
- Soil Stabilizing a Road with AggreBind can be used with any water that has a salt content below 5%.
- Soil Stabilizing a Road with AggreBind is available in a wide range of colors for un-surfaced roads and road shoulders.
- Soil Stabilizing a Road with AggreBind is fully traceable offering excellent quality control procedures.
Vibrator compactor soil stabilizing with AggreBind
Farm equipment used for stabilizing soil with Aggrebind
Guideline Procedures for soil stabilizing a road: (subject to a site analysis)
- Crush the road with the MERI Crusher or similar equipment to a depth of +/- 25mm.
- Add +- 25% of 200 sieve fines to the crushed Asphalt if necessary.
- Spray this with a mixture of 1 part AggreBind mixed with 2 parts water at a rate of 1.5 ltrs per sq mtr.
- Compact the surface.
- Spray the surface again with mixture of 1 part AggreBind mixed with 1 part water at a rate of 0.5 ltrs per sq mtr.
AggreBind is also available as a clear curing liquid, to retain the road color, or in a wide range of other colors.
Soil Stabilizing a Road with AggreBind
MERI Crusher – Requires a tractor with a good power output and is available in a variety of widths up to 2.5 mtrs. Is effective in on asphalt and all soil types and can effectively crush larger stones to a depth of 150mm.
Various equipment to apply AggreBind for Soil Stabilizing
Further information on soil stabilization of roads, dirt roads etc click on a link below:
How to Stabilize Soil Roads
Suggested Stabilized Soil Road Designs
Recycling Asphalt, pothole repairs, chip seal
Soil Stabilization for Dirt Roads
Soil Stabilization – Considerations in polymer stabilized roads
Soil Stabilized Runways