To whom it may concern:
We confirm that AggreBind is a special, wholly owned formulation, of a water based Styrene Acrylic cross linking polymer containing a unique tracing element and the following properties:
- AggreBind soil stabilizer being applied properly will comply with the requirements of AASHTO standards for soil stabilization.
- Soil stabilizer AggreBind , while in its undiluted liquid state, will withstand at least five (5) freeze-thaw tests and retain its chemical properties.
- AggreBind, when cured, has a temperature tolerance range from -57oC to + 163oC.= (-70oF to + 325oF).
- AggreBind has unconfined compressive strengths approaching low grade concrete of 1750 psi (123.07 kg/p/cm2) in common silty sandy soil as well as low percentage <15%) clay based soil.
- Soil Stabilizer AggreBind performs in high Ph and low Ph soils; it is ‘environmentally friendly’.
- AggreBind soil stabilizer increases the load bearing capability of on-site sub-soils.
- The AggreBind soil stabilized base material can be open to traffic within 2 hours of installation and withstand full wheel loads of aircraft, helicopter and heavy equipment depending on depth. (Recommended at last 12 inches (30 cm) for heavy load bearing requirements.)
- AggreBind repels water during, and after the curing process, and will resist water runoff during construction in the event of rainfall.
- AggreBind soil stabilizer can be used on all soils. If desired, you can add aggregate and or fines to optimize the strengthening abilities and reduce polymer concentration.
- AggreBind in unopened drums has a shelf life of 12 months; agitation is required prior to use.
- AggreBind can be installed with common road building/agricultural machinery(as project applicable).
- AggreBind soil stabilization has good resistance to Ultra Violet damage and has the ability to be blended to contain additional Ultra Violet protection, if required, to increase its unpaved life. (Unpaved means no wearing surface.)
- AggreBind soil stabilization contains the unique ability to “bond back to itself”; providing a permanent bond, free from any de-laminating or separation risk.
- The soil stabilizer can be blended with either fresh or salt water. The use of salt water for dilution will reduce the strength by approximately 10% but should not exceed4% salts (combined total of the salt content in sea water.)
- The soil stabilizer contains the unique ability to “bond back to itself”; providing a permanent bond, free from any de-laminating or separation risk.
- AggreBind soil stabilizer has the properties and strength to retain polymer impregnated stone chippings (2-4mm) into the surface prior to final rolling and thus provide acceptable slip/grip (PSV) resistance. (PSV is Polished Stone Value and is a standard test for grip on a road surface.)
- The AggreBind soil stabilizer has the ability to both seal and bind non-regular aggregate materials and bind/seal it with the soil. Such materials include (but are not limited to) crushed glass, rubber crumb, construction waste, non-organic municipal waste (after extraction of green waste, metals, and other recyclable materials).
- AggreBind soil stabilizer has penetration capabilities from surface spray application; binding and sealing the surface to contain dust and preventing the ingress of surface water.
- The soil stabilizing to have a viscosity, penetration, sealing and encapsulating capability to contain low level radiation and heavy metals being emitting into the air and can seal the surface to reduce / eliminate surface water penetration from percolation into the subsoil.
- AggreBind soil stabilization is capable of sealing, making inert, re-aligning particles of clay (such that they become inert) and can be utilized within soils where high clay content exists and be compatible with the polymers in binding and sealing into a stabilized soil layer.
- The AggreBind soil stabilizers have the properties of, once cured, being irreversible and thus the integrity of the product is retained indefinitely.
- In the event of rainfall during installation of the stabilizers, the stabilizers are capable of retaining their properties, and are able to be reworked to bond and seal the soil without any significant loss of strength or water resistant properties.
- AggreBind stabilizing has soil lubrication properties that, when used with a well graded soil mixture, will produce compaction results of 95-97 Proctor. (Proctor is a standard compression test in the construction industry.)
- The AggreBind soil stabilizer products shall meet or exceed all the standards set forth in this SPECIFICATION sheet.
Robert D. Friedman
Executive Vice President Technical Director