AggreBind test protocol is based on test procedures defined by the US Army Corp of Engineers research and development centre.
Laboratory Test Procedures for AggreBind stabilized soils.
Testing AggreBind is very different than testing cement. You must follow these instructions!
Preparation of samples:
- Standard sieve analysis.
- Determine the Optimum
Moisture Content (OMC) by measurement or by hand-feel.
- Soil classification.
- Remove any organic matter.
- Grading: no stone larger than 20% of the layer depth being stabilised.
- Dilute AggreBind:H2O at 1:4 ratio.
- Add the AggreBind:H2O to soil to get the OMC and mix this thoroughly.
- Compact in a standard cylindrical mold and extrude after compaction.
- Make 3 samples.
- Place the extruded samples on a surface and allow samples to cure for 28 days.
- Sample hardens and cures by air drying.
- Do not wrap the samples.
- Do not wet the samples.
- Keep away from all moisture.
- After 26 days seal the surface of the samples, applied by brush, with a mixture of 1 part AggreBind mixed with 3 parts water and allow 24 hours to air cure.
- OK to test on day 28, not before.
Tests to be performed:
- Carry out an Unconfined Compressive Strength test (UCS). DRY TEST.
- Place another stabilized sample in a shallow tray containing 12ml depth of water for 3 minutes. Note the amount of soil that is displaced.
- Carry out a UCS test on this sample.
Soil Stabilization Tests to be performed:
Tests to be performed based on testing protocol written by the US Army Corp. of engineers at their engineering, research and development center (ERDC).
REMEMBER: All samples must be surface sealed with a mixture of 1 part AggreBind mixed with 3 parts 24 hours before any water uptake test.
Preparation of Samples for Testing
Mais informações sobre o estabilizador de solo AggreBind, clique nos links abaixo:
Easy Way To Calculate Current Moisture Content And Optimum Moisture Content of Soils And Sand
Pre-Installation Evaluation Form
Specifications of AggreBind Polymer
Soil Stabilizing Analysis by Weight of Soil Treated and soil Triangle
Material Safety Data Sheet AggreBind
Construction Materials Evaluation
AggreBind Project Analysis
Assessment and Application Guidelines
Ideal Soil Configuration
Check List for Installation of AggreBind
Procedures AggreBind Quality and Quantity Evaluation